Prices are dropping on the consumer SandForce solid state drives and the rate is much faster than even we could have predicted. Back in January we heard about 100GB drives costing upwards of 600 USD, but now the new extended capacity drives are getting close to the 300 USD mark and the extremely limited supply 120GB OCZ Vertex LE has broken that 300 USD barrier. At these prices mainstream users are starting to notice these high speed SSDs in their smaller capacity.
Enthusiasts are starting to notice that the higher capacity drives are dropping in price as well. The larger 240GB extended capacity drives are now hitting the low 600 USD mark and some sellers are even pushing them at prices under that. At one point these 200GB drives were listed at nearly a thousand Dollars, so the new prices have given new hope to those looking for high speed and high capacity.
OCZ has three consumer SandForce drives on the market at this time. The Limited Edition that we told you about recently was an early model manufactured in limited supplies, but wasn't exactly like the other two more refined SandForce models. The Vertex 2 with its High IOPS programming is considered the flagship of the consumer line. The OCZ Agility 2 is in a sense the mainstream SandForce SSD from OCZ Technology, but we will have to take a look at the performance today to say how much performance is given up to the Vertex 2.
Today we are going to take a look at the OCZ Technology Agility 2 in 240GB capacity and compare it to the OCZ Vertex 2 and a handful of other class leading SSDs. Let's have a look at the specs of the Agility 2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform