Prices are dropping on the consumer SandForce solid state drives and the rate is much faster than even we could have predicted. Back in January we heard about 100GB drives costing upwards of 600 USD, but now the new extended capacity drives are getting close to the 300 USD mark and the extremely limited supply 120GB OCZ Vertex LE has broken that 300 USD barrier. At these prices mainstream users are starting to notice these high speed SSDs in their smaller capacity.
Enthusiasts are starting to notice that the higher capacity drives are dropping in price as well. The larger 240GB extended capacity drives are now hitting the low 600 USD mark and some sellers are even pushing them at prices under that. At one point these 200GB drives were listed at nearly a thousand Dollars, so the new prices have given new hope to those looking for high speed and high capacity.
OCZ has three consumer SandForce drives on the market at this time. The Limited Edition that we told you about recently was an early model manufactured in limited supplies, but wasn't exactly like the other two more refined SandForce models. The Vertex 2 with its High IOPS programming is considered the flagship of the consumer line. The OCZ Agility 2 is in a sense the mainstream SandForce SSD from OCZ Technology, but we will have to take a look at the performance today to say how much performance is given up to the Vertex 2.
Today we are going to take a look at the OCZ Technology Agility 2 in 240GB capacity and compare it to the OCZ Vertex 2 and a handful of other class leading SSDs. Let's have a look at the specs of the Agility 2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset