Prices are dropping on the consumer SandForce solid state drives and the rate is much faster than even we could have predicted. Back in January we heard about 100GB drives costing upwards of 600 USD, but now the new extended capacity drives are getting close to the 300 USD mark and the extremely limited supply 120GB OCZ Vertex LE has broken that 300 USD barrier. At these prices mainstream users are starting to notice these high speed SSDs in their smaller capacity.
Enthusiasts are starting to notice that the higher capacity drives are dropping in price as well. The larger 240GB extended capacity drives are now hitting the low 600 USD mark and some sellers are even pushing them at prices under that. At one point these 200GB drives were listed at nearly a thousand Dollars, so the new prices have given new hope to those looking for high speed and high capacity.
OCZ has three consumer SandForce drives on the market at this time. The Limited Edition that we told you about recently was an early model manufactured in limited supplies, but wasn't exactly like the other two more refined SandForce models. The Vertex 2 with its High IOPS programming is considered the flagship of the consumer line. The OCZ Agility 2 is in a sense the mainstream SandForce SSD from OCZ Technology, but we will have to take a look at the performance today to say how much performance is given up to the Vertex 2.
Today we are going to take a look at the OCZ Technology Agility 2 in 240GB capacity and compare it to the OCZ Vertex 2 and a handful of other class leading SSDs. Let's have a look at the specs of the Agility 2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99