We have seen quite a few budget minded chassis designs over the last few reviews, and to be honest, I think this would be the choice I make to build a HTPC or traveling computer. The compact design might not be for some, but for a Crossfire or SLI setup on an m-ATX motherboard, even with my 1KW power supply I had room to do anything I needed. The tool-less drive bays made installation quick and painless. While there was a bit of movement to the card, the expansion slots being tool-less to lock is a handy feature. Usually I am not a huge fan of cases with larger plastic tops, but the ingenuity taken to make easy access and room for two 120mm fans in there makes it have more purpose other than strictly for looks.
To me, for building a rig I am going to sit in a shelf for an HTPC, or a box for LAN events, that is bound to take a dent or two, I don't really want an expensive, flashy chassis, I want something more user friendly, and this SST-PS05B is definitely that. Looking around at comparably priced cases, you are lucky to get fans anymore, and tool-less features are very simple in budget cases, or made with lesser materials. In the SST-PS05B you get a quality built steel chassis that is a book you shouldn't judge from its cover. Once you get the full perspective, you realize SilverStone offers quite the full package.
While supplies are a bit limited, pricing is good. The deal at Newegg for $39.99 after MIR, and with free shipping makes this a truly amazing offering for the price. All things considered, this is definitely one of the better choices when looking to assemble your next build and realize you are a little short of funds and still want a well appointed chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance