We have seen quite a few budget minded chassis designs over the last few reviews, and to be honest, I think this would be the choice I make to build a HTPC or traveling computer. The compact design might not be for some, but for a Crossfire or SLI setup on an m-ATX motherboard, even with my 1KW power supply I had room to do anything I needed. The tool-less drive bays made installation quick and painless. While there was a bit of movement to the card, the expansion slots being tool-less to lock is a handy feature. Usually I am not a huge fan of cases with larger plastic tops, but the ingenuity taken to make easy access and room for two 120mm fans in there makes it have more purpose other than strictly for looks.
To me, for building a rig I am going to sit in a shelf for an HTPC, or a box for LAN events, that is bound to take a dent or two, I don't really want an expensive, flashy chassis, I want something more user friendly, and this SST-PS05B is definitely that. Looking around at comparably priced cases, you are lucky to get fans anymore, and tool-less features are very simple in budget cases, or made with lesser materials. In the SST-PS05B you get a quality built steel chassis that is a book you shouldn't judge from its cover. Once you get the full perspective, you realize SilverStone offers quite the full package.
While supplies are a bit limited, pricing is good. The deal at Newegg for $39.99 after MIR, and with free shipping makes this a truly amazing offering for the price. All things considered, this is definitely one of the better choices when looking to assemble your next build and realize you are a little short of funds and still want a well appointed chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017