The SilverStone SST-PS05B Mid Tower Case
The front of the PS05B is made from black plastic. With the sides striped pattern flanking the drive bay covers and the mesh panel, even if plastic looking it is an attractive design.
The stripped pattern that flanked the sides also carries over into the top panel. The door is plain, with no window or room to place any fans.
The rear of the PS05B has a couple of "tricks" to cover. At the very top, in the middle, you can just see a tab that allows the removal of the mesh panel to insert a couple of 120mm fans. Under the 120mm exhaust fan, you will notice two, large, removable pieces for water cooling. Just below that, there is the rounded plastic cover for the expansion slots. This is released from the outside, but acts as the mounting for the expansion cards as well.
The right side is plain as was the left. Keeping things simple on the outside saves money, and also offers the opportunity to employ more "tricks" on the inside.
The top almost takes on some of the features of a Raven. The plastic top gets molded to allow for the front I/O and power and reset buttons. It also added the ability to make the removable mesh panel you see at the back.
Simply pressing a tab will release this panel. With the positioning of the motherboard, which you will see in a minute, there isn't room on the inside to hang 120mm fans. SilverStone came up with this solution that uses pins and tab locks to hold two 120mm fans here.
Under the chassis we find it is supported with large rubber feet attached to the floor of the chassis. To the left, there is the more obvious power supply area. If your power supply is short enough, the area more forward can be used to house another 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015