MSI GTX 465 Twin Frozr II Overclocked w/ Voltage Adjustment
As we mentioned in the introduction, we would be using Afterburner today to achieve our overclock. While we used the same program when it came to overclocking the GTX 465 previously, the difference is this time in the latest version we have the ability to also adjust the core voltage.
Increasing the voltage to the max of 1.87v (which MSI let us know was safe for the card we used thanks to the extra cooling), we then provided to adjust the core clock. Speaking to MSI, they said we should be able to achieve 850MHz on the core. It's at that point I laughed to myself; maybe MSI had forgot that the default is only 608MHz.
They also said that we should be able to achieve 4000MHz QDR on the memory. I again proceeded to laugh to myself because since the Voltage Adjustment doesn't affect memory and last time we overclocked we couldn't get that high, I felt nothing was going to change this time.
MSI had the last laugh, though!
What we ended up with was a core speed of 860MHz which in turn bumped the Shader clock from 1215MHz to 1720MHz. We then aimed for 4000MHz QDR on the memory, but ended up at an even higher 4100MHz QDR.
These are just disturbingly high overclocks and while we had our fan cranked to 100%, I think when you see our graphs that look at the noise levels you won't be disappointed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [MSI GTX 465 Twin Frozr II Overclocked w/ Voltage Adjustment]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.