It was only going to be a matter of time 'till we had the ability to adjust the voltage on the GTX 465 core. The introduction of the MSI version of the card along with the latest version of Afterburner brought that feature to the party.
The thing is we've already looked at overclocking the 465 and been very impressed with it. And while MSI said I should be able to achieve a certain speed when it came to bumping up the voltage, I did become "ye' of little faith", because the number they said I should be able to get just seemed astronomical.
Let me just give you a few numbers to start with. At default the core on the GTX 465 is 608MHz and when it came to overclocking the Galaxy we managed to achieve a clock of 725MHz without the ability to adjust the voltage. Without giving too much away, all I can say before we get into the next page is that if we couldn't get much more than the 725MHz we already achieved, I wouldn't have bothered writing this article.
So with that said, let's have a look at how we went.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [MSI GTX 465 Twin Frozr II Overclocked w/ Voltage Adjustment]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.