Inside The XClio Blackhawk Color Full Tower Case
The side door is removed with two thumbscrews. Once that is done the door swings open like a car door. Be careful here, there is the wired connection for the 250mm fan to disconnect.
Same basic layout as we saw in the original Blackhawk, this time it has a very nice looking coat of black paint on all the surfaces. The only parts not to get the paint treatment are the seven expansion slot covers. The hardware for this chassis is held in the purple velvet-like bag tied in the bays.
As it sits you can install three optical drives and up to eight hard drives. Simply removing one of the Smart HDD Modular Systems, offers room for up to six 5.25" bays, while the hard drives are then limited to four.
In front of the bays, XClio put a door for access. At the top, with use of tool-less slides, you can install the OD. The Smart HDD Modular Systems are held in place with four locks each and slide right out through the front. The fans in the door and the drive covers are held in place with Phillip's head screws, but can be easily accessed and removed for cleaning.
The Blackhawk Color ships with no rear exhaust fan, but still offers water pass-through holes and a reversible PSU mounting plate with accompanying support plate on the floor.
I like manufacturers to leave a bit extra in their wiring length. XClio provided that and more here. I remember there was a little extra in the Blackhawk, but in my Color version the wiring for the power, reset, and HDD activity, the 4-pin Moles, and e-SATA wires had to be balled up to get them in an image next to the case.
The length of the two USB 2.0 cables, the audio, and the door fan wiring is just as long. The issue here isn't so much, will it reach, but where do I put the extra wiring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015