Speaking technically, let's start by looking at some specifications.
Capacity: 8GB / 16GB / 32GB
Size: 83.6mm x 48.7mm x 11.7mm
LCD: 2.4" 262k Color TFT LCD, 320 x 240 pixels
Up to 4,000 WMAs/ 266hrs (Approx. 4mins per song at 64kbps WMA)
Up to 2,000 MP3/ 133hrs (Approx. 4mins per song at 128kbps MP3)
X-Fi Audio Enhancement: Crystallizer / Expand effects
Video / Audio Out: PAL / NTSC (via A/V cable sold separately)
RSS: Displays RSS content feeds offline (Sync via PC/Laptop connected to the internet)
Power Charging: Yes (via PC-USB or ZEN USB Power Adapter (sold separately))
Video Playback Formats3: WMV9, MPEG4-SP3, DivX3 4/5 and XviD3
Up to 640 x 480 video size
Audio Playback Formats: MP3, WMA (DRM9), WAV (IMA-ADPCM) Audible4, AAC4, FLAC4.
Photo Formats Supported: JPEG, BMP (TIFF, GIF, PNG to be converted with bundled software)
Battery: Built-in Li-ion battery
FM Radio: Built-in FM Radio with 32 preset stations
EQ Settings: 8 presets and 5-band custom EQ
Organizer: Clock, Alarm, Calendar, Task, and Contacts
Album Art: Yes
Voice Recording: Yes
Built-in speaker: Yes
Connectivity: USB 2.0
Quite an impressive spec list, but I would expect nothing less from Creative who is famed for giving the user a heap of cool extras to play with.
Like other portables out there at the moment, the Zen Style comes in 8, 16 and 32GB models. For testing I received the 8GB model, which is certainly more than ample to firstly understand the beast I'm dealing with and also to store a behemoth of your favorite music.
I would be inclined to think that the larger models are aimed at people wanting to also carry their video and picture stores with them on the go.
The screen is quite small if I'm being honest, coming in at 2.4" with 262k colors and also being a TFT LCD. The resolution is 320 x 240 pixels.
The weight is another great feature coming in at feather light 56g, which is a thing of beauty once you have the Zen in your pocket and realize how heavy other portables can be.
Battery life is given as 25hrs continuous audio playback and 5hrs video playback.
Next we have the X-Fi crystallizer and expanding effects which have been carried over from previous success with the X-Fi PCI based chipset.
Most audio and video formats are supported as you can see, which is an important feature itself and I think Creative took this into consideration when designing the Zen Style.
There is, however, still more. The last two really important features are the FM radio and the EQ with eight built in presets and a five-band custom EQ.
Connectivity is universal thanks to USB 2.0. Of which, I could think of no better alternative.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'