Corsair was one of the first companies to get a drive to market. The F100 wasn't available at Newegg and few e-tailers picked it up but it was out there in the wild ready to be purchased by those looking for one of the fastest SSDs on the market. For Corsair the F100 was a bit of a test to see how much interest there was in hyper fast storage and at what price could this type of storage be sold for. If you look around for a Corsair F100 now you most likely will not find any, that chance has come and gone. It is really kind of a shame though because the F100 would have made a great drive for server use with its low cost, enterprise provisioning and high IOPS firmware. That ship has now sailed and hind sight is 20/20. Go figure, now that we know what the back story was the drive are now sold out. I will save the enterprise chat for another day.
The new extended capacity drives might not look so appealing to the enterprise market but they are perfect for you and me. The leap from 100GB to 120GB is quite a bit when it comes to real world use. On paper it might not look like that big of a deal but we don't live our lives on paper nor can we overlook a 20% capacity increase (unformatted) that also comes with an 80 Dollar price reduction.
No matter how you look at it, 80 Dollars on paper or in your real world pocket is still 80 bux, I think we can all agree on that part of it. Newegg carrying the Corsair Force Line adds a bit of credibility for those who need a catch all safety net like Newegg provides with their no hassle return policy. When it comes to pricing the 120GB drive that we looked at today is priced at Newegg for right around 350 USD. Notebook users looking to keep a lot of files on their drive will be able to pick up the 240GB Force for under 650 while desktop users looking to just get in the game and taste that sweet, unrivaled speed increase can choose a 60GB Force for under 200 USD.
When it comes to the speed for the Corsair Force F120 we found that it is in line with other high IOPS 4K drives we have tested. In some cases the drive did show to be a little faster that some of the previous tested drives, this was mainly a result of the firmware used. As SandForce evolves their firmware these relatively new to market drives will get faster just like the Indilinx drives we tested last year. As it sits right now the Corsair Force F120 is one of the fastest SSDs available on the market today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER