Powering, Settings and the Finished Product
Once the wiring is all done, and the card is in place, simply take the 8-pin cable and connect it to both the Sentry LXE and the card. Once turned on, you will see a screen very similar to this. With the controller booting up on the auto settings, it reads the temps, and sets the fans to 50% speed. I need to set this to manual, and get into a bit of setup.
Turning down the lights, so it is easier to read the LCD, I have set the date and time, turned the controller to the manual setting, and increased my fan speeds with a few simple touches.
I just picked the second control for this example. In the previous shot, it showed a 33.2 degree reading, as I believe I taped that wire to my DDR3. By highlighting the number 2 controller, simply push the number, it first gives me access to the alarm setting. All five alarms are set out of the box at the 70 degrees you see here. Use the plus and minus keys at the bottom to change the alarm to a desired level.
Pushing the number 2 again allows for the fan control, and to verify, the fan RPMs will flash. Same as with the alarms simply use the plus and minus keys to increase or decrease the fans speed percentage.
Here is another look at the screen just to show and explain the potential. The temperature probes can be placed almost anywhere, and for me I am reading the incoming air temperature, my DDR3, the back of the care on my GTX 470, my HDD, and then the exiting air temperature respectively. Fans I am controlling are the front three 140mm fans of my Lian Li, then the CPU fan, and lastly the case exhaust fan. If the lighting gets annoying while you try to sleep, simply push the power button, and the screen shuts off, but the control settings you set are still applied.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT Sentry LXE High Performance Fan Controller]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Powering, Settings and the Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards