Powering, Settings and the Finished Product
Once the wiring is all done, and the card is in place, simply take the 8-pin cable and connect it to both the Sentry LXE and the card. Once turned on, you will see a screen very similar to this. With the controller booting up on the auto settings, it reads the temps, and sets the fans to 50% speed. I need to set this to manual, and get into a bit of setup.
Turning down the lights, so it is easier to read the LCD, I have set the date and time, turned the controller to the manual setting, and increased my fan speeds with a few simple touches.
I just picked the second control for this example. In the previous shot, it showed a 33.2 degree reading, as I believe I taped that wire to my DDR3. By highlighting the number 2 controller, simply push the number, it first gives me access to the alarm setting. All five alarms are set out of the box at the 70 degrees you see here. Use the plus and minus keys at the bottom to change the alarm to a desired level.
Pushing the number 2 again allows for the fan control, and to verify, the fan RPMs will flash. Same as with the alarms simply use the plus and minus keys to increase or decrease the fans speed percentage.
Here is another look at the screen just to show and explain the potential. The temperature probes can be placed almost anywhere, and for me I am reading the incoming air temperature, my DDR3, the back of the care on my GTX 470, my HDD, and then the exiting air temperature respectively. Fans I am controlling are the front three 140mm fans of my Lian Li, then the CPU fan, and lastly the case exhaust fan. If the lighting gets annoying while you try to sleep, simply push the power button, and the screen shuts off, but the control settings you set are still applied.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT Sentry LXE High Performance Fan Controller]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Powering, Settings and the Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus specs and prices leak
- Sony's next gen PS5 may be traditional console gen
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar 2 specs and pricing leaked
- Samsung introduces new color option for the Galaxy S8+
- Xiaomi Mi 6 finally available outside of China
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller