The Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler
Looking at the V6 GT from the top, you can see a bit of what it has to offer. There is a cap on the cooler that not only acts as a cover for the fans, but has a strip of lighting to accent your case. To give that extra needed boost, the V6 GT ships with two fans already clipped onto the cooler.
From the side you can see that these two fans that simply clip on for easy cleaning have the task of cooling the six pipes and the tight array of fifty-five fins.
The intake looks clean, and with the use of the shroud for each fan, there are no messy screws to mass with or to take away from the sexy, translucent, and black, seven blade fans.
The exhaust side keeps the same attention to detail, and looks just as clean. You can also see the model number of these 93 CFM monsters that Cooler Master chose to compliment the V6 GT.
The base still shows a bit of the milling process, but is still a good flat surface to work with. The two holes above and below the base will be used in a bit to mount either AMD or Intel mounting hardware,
Just to prove, that a mirror finish isn't everything. To me as long as the razor reads true, the base is level and flat, finish aside, the V6 GT is very "square" in this respect.
The top of the base has a special key way cut into it. Plan ahead and make sure you install the Intel hardware in the right direction; the final install will be determined by this.
Wiring from the V5 GT comes as two 4-pin, PWM connections, and a two into one fan connector, so they can both be run off of the CPU PWM header on the motherboard. You also see a 4-pin Molex connection. This is used to add power to the top, without it plugged in there are no lights functional.
Going back to the top, this time not inside the box, we can see the Cooler master badge and the lighting strip much better. Once the Molex is plugged in, the logo is also a workable switch.
Mine started in the off position, and one push of the logo brings a red LED near the top of the band. Depending on the angle you are seeing the lighting, it will make the whole strip appear red, versus the more specific LED you are seeing here.
Push the logo again and you get a blue LED.
Push it again, and you get purple, or violet lighting. If the lighting is too bright to sleep to, with one more push, the LEDs can be turned off during operation as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017