We have now almost completed our run of the ROG line-up from ASUS. So far all of the boards have been at the top of the list for the sockets they cover. The Rampage III Extreme is no exception. The sheer amount of overclocking features and options packed into this board is simply staggering. We could spend weeks (and we imagine many people will) tweaking and adjusting this board to get some truly exceptional clocks.
But even with all the overclocking features put aside, the board is solidly designed and built. The high end Caps, Chokes and even the tracing layout has been well thought out and put into play. Make no mistake, though, this board is meant for performance and for pushing as hard and as far as you can. We were able to reach our highest stable clock yet on the 980X (using only air cooling).
The RIIIE has shown us that when it comes to overclocking it certainly means business. The price tag of under $370 on NewEgg.com is well worth what you get here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand