The performance of the MSI GTX 465 Twin Frozr II doesn't surprise. The decision to go with the default clock speeds means that it performs in line with the Galaxy version we tested a little while back.
That's not to say that the Twin Frozr II version from MSI doesn't stand out. When you get down to the numbers where the series is supposed to shine, you can clearly see the cooler does a stellar job of not only keeping the core cooler, but being able to do it at lower noise levels. This is the reason we love the Twin Frozr II series so much. In the cooling department where it's supposed to shine, it does.
The bundle is a little lacking with extras, but this is something we're becoming more and more accustomed to as time goes on with most NVIDIA partners not offering too much extra. The decision to go with a mini HDMI to HDMI converter versus a cable, while feeling a little cheaper, it is actually nicer. If you don't need it, or already have a good HDMI cable, then this is just another cable that you have to store somewhere. Instead now you've only got to worry about the little adapter.
Overclocking is no doubt the next thing we'll be looking at with this model. With voltage adjustment support and the fact that the cooling does such a great job, we're hoping for some serious headroom.
The GTX 465 for me hits the mark a lot better than the other GTX 400 series cards for the simple fact that NVIDIA seemed to price this model at the right point. While you're no doubt going to pay a little more for the Twin Frozr II version of the GTX 465, it's good to know that even compared to other companies upgraded cooling options, the MSI version can perform even better again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.