In our tests today the PC3-12800 8GB kit performs like a PC3-12800 4GB kit that carries with it the same timings. This isn't a bad thing, but when it comes to our final graphs and the price being double that of a 4GB kit, the perceived value is lower.
However, when moving to 8GB over 4GB it gives you performance gains in other areas. The loading of applications, games and just Windows is definitely improved upon. There's more general speed when dealing with your operating system. Everything is just running faster. Sure, it's not twice as fast, but it's faster.
It's great that you don't have to fill your banks up with RAM to get 8GB of memory. Instead A-DATA offer us a nice kit that offers some good speed. What's great about the "Gaming Series" is that they're not these ultra fast modules with insane speeds and timings along with insane prices.
Instead, the series offers us good memory, at a good speed and at a good price of $334.99 at Newegg. This is exactly what the kit we've got here does. It's a fantastic option for people who want to go with a dual channel setup, but also want to move past the typical 4GB kit size that's associated with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 10 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017