Inside the NZXT Hades Crafted Series Mid Tower Case
Inside the left side panel you will find this eleven blade, 200mm fan that pushes air mostly at the GPU's but will also offer air to the CPU and power management area. This fan comes with a 3-pin header from NZXT. They do however offer a 3-pin to 4-pin Molex adapter in the hardware.
During shipping the wiring and hardware is secured. The wiring it not only tied together, but looped through the wire management holes to keep the wires still. The hardware was supposed to be tied up with the white wire tie, but had broken lose during transit and was sitting free in the bottom of the bays.
All of the drive bays in the Hades are initially 5.25" bays. The top four are exposed and will allow for 5.25" devices, and they offer tool-less clips on both sides of the cage for securing. At the very bottom there is a tray that will allow for a 2.5" drive to be installed, while the 3.5" drives will need to use adapters included in the hardware.
The motherboard tray is very well labeled as to where what risers go where, depending on the type of board. There are three longer wire management holes, two up the side and one near where the power supply will be. This tray also offers a good sized opening to gain access to CPU cooler back plates. The top and rear of the case use nine blade fans, a 120mm in the back, and a 140mm up top, and both are pre wired as you will soon see.
Under the chassis you will find four rubber feet for support and a removable fan filter to keep dust and dirt out of your power supply. I mentioned only one fan was included in the top. Depending on the motherboard and cooler combination, this fan may need moved for clearance.
The wiring tied up in the middle is already pre-wired to the fan controllers on the front and has the two fans I just mention already connected. There are connections to add two additional fans to the controllers, one each. With the bump out in the door panel, you should be able to hide quite a bit back here.
There is quite a bit to cover in the chassis' front I/O wiring. Against the case rail are two 4-pin Molex connectors to power both the fan controllers and the temperature LCD display on the door. With the temp display, they need wires and sensors to get a reading. You will find three such leads here. That just leaves the more typical, USB 2.0, audio, e-SATA, and the Power, HDD LED, Reset, and Power LED connections for the motherboard.
The front bezel pulls off with a gentle tug at the bottom and exposes the 200mm fan attached. The chassis behind is open and will allow for easy installation of drives and offer an unrestricted path for the air flow. All of the I/O wiring is attached to the back of the bezel, so make sure the wires are free before you pull off the front.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched