Wow! - The first thing I noticed about the BIOS on the H55MX-S is the total lack of options for overclocking in the BIOS. Ok, there is an area where you can set the speed of the RAM and even bump up the voltage a tad, but that is it. After so many boards with heavy overclocking features, I was flat out shocked at this.
There was also no place to change or set the amount of memory the system used for the GMA HD. The lack of any controls for the GMA HD lead to a very bizarre issue with running some of our tests like Cinebench and even Lightwave 3D.
A lack of AHCI options was shocking, to say the least.
Although there were no options in the BIOS for overclocking the H55MX-S did come with some overclocking software. This was the Fox ONE software. We hit that up to see what we could get.
Running the Auto Clock feature put us at 144x25. However, none of our benchmarks would run at all! I mean, they would crash at the start. We tried everything to get this working, but as there are no options for changing the voltages (other than the memory voltage), there was little that could be done to get this stable. To put it lightly, we were disappointed in the lack of any working overclocking options.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99