The Antec Sonata Proto Mid Tower Case
One thing not mentioned in any detail is the security of this chassis. The front is separated into two halves. The top is a lockable cover to protect your optical and possibly floppy drives from "sticky fingers". The bottom half is used to hold the front I/O panel and the sides are well vented to allow for a good amount of air to be drawn in.
The front I/O comes with two USB 2.0 connections on the left, power and HDD activity lights, then there are the 3.5mm jacks for audio.
There is no window in the Proto. What you will find is a handle that offers another lock to protect the rest of your system as well. This is perfect for a LAN option, or even if you live in a dorm with many people in and out. At least they have to take the whole thing if they want in.
Around the back you see the metal as it will be on the inside, to show the paint doesn't go all the way around. All the basics are here; power supply hole at the top, rear I/O area, 120mm exhaust fan and seven expansion slots next to a ventilated area. Notice that there are only two thumbscrews! The left panel, as seen here, is riveted to the rest of the chassis and does not come off.
Not much to see here but a solid steel panel painted just like the rest of the exterior.
Under the chassis you will find basically a completely flat floor. Worth mentioning are the adhesive rubber feet attached to keep the chassis in place and not damaging your desktop or hardwood floor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design