It seems to me Antec has been building cases, well, forever now. Being a user of the original 900 was where I got my feet wet with Antec and until I started here, that was all I had to go on. Well, time moves on and cases got released. I have been graced with quite a few unique and stylish designs over the last year or two. Something I grew to love with most, if not all of the samples I have seen, was the way Antec thought out of the box with the Skeleton series and the air flow that seem synonymous with the Antec name.
One thing that went with the previous samples air flow was a fair bit of noise and Chris Ram actually referred to my 900 as a vacuum cleaner when I booted it at his house, just to prove my point. With the Sonata line, Antec is taking a slightly different approach to the design. Sticking with things like maximizing motherboard compatibility, air filters and subtle styling, Antec is staying true to what we all love and know. Antec threw me a curve ball when I see they list this Proto as being the ideal combination of affordability, efficiency and silence. That's right, I said silence and Antec in the same sentence. It's a slight shock to me as well.
From what I know of mid towers, cooling can become an issue fast, especially if you plan to build what I like to refer to as a sleeper. You know, the guy that shows up with the smallest case at a LAN and has the "leetist" gaming hardware inside. Here is to hoping that Antec didn't take a leap in the wrong direction, offering "silence" in a mid tower PC at the expense of airflow. Offering the ability to house a full motherboard and room for SLI or Crossfire to be installed, I hope it can keep up with the demands asked. Come and have a look with me as I get the camera ready and run through what Antec offers in the Sonata Proto.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss says the PS4 has a 'huge lead' over the Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 teased in a recent update to Dota 2
- Naughty Dog: around 80% of PS4 gamers 'have never played Uncharted'
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- Fatal1ty Gaming K4- can't get BIOS to update
- Z170 gaming K4-DOS Bios file name more than 8 characters
- Slow performance on new RAID array after cloning old array?
- Connection questions Z170 Extreme 6+ motherboard
- Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 won't POST when loading XMP Profile for G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz Black DDR4
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent