The Access pages are some of the most important for power users. Here you can tell your router what to let in and out, you can filter traffic based on protocol type, domain and MAC address. You also have options for setting up your firewall, a DMZ (for servers that cannot work through the firewall filters) and Quality of Service.
Blocking by domain is fairly easy as long as you know the full domain URL.
MAC filtering is one of the most common; when creating a whitelist you can often use the DHCP client listing found in the Main section.
Blocking by protocol can be quick and easy, but you can sometimes end up locking out items that you do not intend if you are not careful.
The virtual server settings tells the router what IP to send different types of traffic like E-mail (SMTP), FTP, HTTP(s), etc.
Special AP is a filter that allows you to setup wide ranges of ports for certain applications to use. This allows the firewall to understand the traffic it is letting out and to check the packets going through.
In the firewall settings you can open or lock down ports and port ranges for both the LAN and WAN side of your network.
QoS (Quality of Service) can be used to improve throughput of certain types of traffic or all traffic to a port or ports. The QoS engine on the TEW-673GRU is also a smart engine. It can learn the traffic in use on the network and automatically adjust to keep everything going over your network.
The only item under Management is remote management. Here you can setup some basic rules for what the firewall should do with traffic, like L2TP (Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocol), PPTP (Point to Point Tunnelling Protocol), UPNP (Universal Plug and Play), Pings (which is an ICMP Echo request) on the WAN port and Multicast streams. We recommend turning off UPNP and Pings at the WAN port.
The tools section is very simple. This is where you go to update your firmware, reboot the TEW-673GRU, backup or restore your configuration settings and send a Ping test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- NVIDIA invests in Chinese self-driving truck startup
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes