The Access pages are some of the most important for power users. Here you can tell your router what to let in and out, you can filter traffic based on protocol type, domain and MAC address. You also have options for setting up your firewall, a DMZ (for servers that cannot work through the firewall filters) and Quality of Service.
Blocking by domain is fairly easy as long as you know the full domain URL.
MAC filtering is one of the most common; when creating a whitelist you can often use the DHCP client listing found in the Main section.
Blocking by protocol can be quick and easy, but you can sometimes end up locking out items that you do not intend if you are not careful.
The virtual server settings tells the router what IP to send different types of traffic like E-mail (SMTP), FTP, HTTP(s), etc.
Special AP is a filter that allows you to setup wide ranges of ports for certain applications to use. This allows the firewall to understand the traffic it is letting out and to check the packets going through.
In the firewall settings you can open or lock down ports and port ranges for both the LAN and WAN side of your network.
QoS (Quality of Service) can be used to improve throughput of certain types of traffic or all traffic to a port or ports. The QoS engine on the TEW-673GRU is also a smart engine. It can learn the traffic in use on the network and automatically adjust to keep everything going over your network.
The only item under Management is remote management. Here you can setup some basic rules for what the firewall should do with traffic, like L2TP (Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocol), PPTP (Point to Point Tunnelling Protocol), UPNP (Universal Plug and Play), Pings (which is an ICMP Echo request) on the WAN port and Multicast streams. We recommend turning off UPNP and Pings at the WAN port.
The tools section is very simple. This is where you go to update your firmware, reboot the TEW-673GRU, backup or restore your configuration settings and send a Ping test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now