The Access pages are some of the most important for power users. Here you can tell your router what to let in and out, you can filter traffic based on protocol type, domain and MAC address. You also have options for setting up your firewall, a DMZ (for servers that cannot work through the firewall filters) and Quality of Service.
Blocking by domain is fairly easy as long as you know the full domain URL.
MAC filtering is one of the most common; when creating a whitelist you can often use the DHCP client listing found in the Main section.
Blocking by protocol can be quick and easy, but you can sometimes end up locking out items that you do not intend if you are not careful.
The virtual server settings tells the router what IP to send different types of traffic like E-mail (SMTP), FTP, HTTP(s), etc.
Special AP is a filter that allows you to setup wide ranges of ports for certain applications to use. This allows the firewall to understand the traffic it is letting out and to check the packets going through.
In the firewall settings you can open or lock down ports and port ranges for both the LAN and WAN side of your network.
QoS (Quality of Service) can be used to improve throughput of certain types of traffic or all traffic to a port or ports. The QoS engine on the TEW-673GRU is also a smart engine. It can learn the traffic in use on the network and automatically adjust to keep everything going over your network.
The only item under Management is remote management. Here you can setup some basic rules for what the firewall should do with traffic, like L2TP (Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocol), PPTP (Point to Point Tunnelling Protocol), UPNP (Universal Plug and Play), Pings (which is an ICMP Echo request) on the WAN port and Multicast streams. We recommend turning off UPNP and Pings at the WAN port.
The tools section is very simple. This is where you go to update your firmware, reboot the TEW-673GRU, backup or restore your configuration settings and send a Ping test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood