Finally! I can almost rejoice for the general consumer! The setup wizard for the TEW-673GRU asks you to change your admin password as part of the setup. This has been a very long time in getting here, but it is nice to finally see it.
Chose the time zone you are in right after you make sure you change your password from the default one that anyone can find out.
Next up, you can change the LAN and DHCP settings.
TRENDnet has included quite a few options for your WAN connectivity type.
If you chose dynamic IP you also have the option to clone or set a new MAC address. This helps with certain ISPs that run MAC filtering on their DHCP systems.
You can also setup both bands for wireless connectivity. Unfortunately you cannot setup the security for them from the Wizard. That has to be done in the regular Web UI.
The setup wizard on the TEW-673GRU is almost a complete one. If they would have added in security setup for the wireless (both bands), this would have been the best wizard I have seen on a consumer product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards