The Build and Finished Product
It may not look like much has changed, but I have everything I need installed and this is what the finished front looks like.
Just to prove it to you, I pulled both the drive bay cover, which takes a simple press of the black button on the side, and it swings out and off. I also pulled the fan cover just to give you a better look at how it's made. The plastic support leaves quite a bit of room for the fan to breathe through the mesh covering.
With a full ATX board things can get tight. Now, I don't suggest you hide extra wires where I did for this image. Taking up the room at the bottom will block off the intake and is not good for temperatures. Even though the front I/O wiring is short, you can see all the connections were easy to make.
Once the door is back on, the view is impeded. The large fan blades do most of the blocking when not on. As they spin the view gets a little better. Once you flip the switch on the right, the blue LEDs light up the interior and components are much easier to see.
No surprises back here. The expansion covers take a bit of work to get out, but it is expected. The rear I/O limes up well and no issues getting this 1000 watt PSU in there either.
I did have to dig in my box of parts to find another fan converter, and you will have to as well if you don't have free motherboard headers. There isn't much you can hide behind the tray, but the way it stops short will allow you to hide more behind the drive bays.
The lighting isn't the best for the view inside, but I will tell you there is quite a glow of blue once the lights go down. If you don't like the lighting, as it might be too bright to sleep next to, just flip the switch; problem solved.
All powered up, the green eye comes to life and there is a nice glow of blue LED in the bottom. This lighting is not controllable, but the glow floods the table more than blinding you straight on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Save Over 20% on the World's Smallest First-Person-View Drone
- Raspberry Pi gets experimental GPU acceleration, games now playable
- Google announces it will stop displaying Flash ads as of Jan 2, 2017
- NASA provides MIT with humanoid robot, will help out space missions
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance