RunCore makes some of the strongest cases for their SSDs and they are a cut above what most manufacturers are putting out now. This isn't something that just happened to come about for the company; they have been making products for the government and military for many years and this level of quality has trickled over into their consumer products. The only problem with that is the price tends to be higher for the high grade products and in this economy most people are looking to skate by with a just enough to get by attitude. Also, it is not like other manufacturers SSD are considered fragile at this point.
At this time we are not certain on the pricing structure RunCore will use to bring the Pro V to market. With OCZ, A-DATA and other manufacturers hitting new lower price points weekly, RunCore will need to price their Pro V drives fairly low to be competitive in the US and European markets. To be honest, I am not really sure if this is something RunCore will be able to do.
As it sits right now, RunCore is an SSD company, but they are like a teenager who does not know what he wants to do when he grows up. Obviously the focus is on SSDs, but RunCore spends so much time in netbook and specialty SSDs that the 2.5" market seems like an afterthought these days. The 2.5" SSD market is the strongest, but also the most competitive. You can't just dabble in it and expect to sell the volume of drives needed to make money unless you are charging more per part and crossing your fingers that something sells. Retailers don't like this approach and end users aren't going to buy a drive with a super strong case if the price is 100USD more.
As it sits right now we don't have pricing information, but the RunCore Pro IV is currently priced at a level where they are not competitively in the market. I really hope RunCore is able to keep their prices down on the Pro V, but only time will tell.
When it comes to performance, the RunCore Pro V can be considered one of the fastest drives on the market, but the same can be said about a handful of Team SandForce products that are already cheap and listed online as being in stock, ready to ship.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The RunCore Pro V 100GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform