RunCore makes some of the strongest cases for their SSDs and they are a cut above what most manufacturers are putting out now. This isn't something that just happened to come about for the company; they have been making products for the government and military for many years and this level of quality has trickled over into their consumer products. The only problem with that is the price tends to be higher for the high grade products and in this economy most people are looking to skate by with a just enough to get by attitude. Also, it is not like other manufacturers SSD are considered fragile at this point.
At this time we are not certain on the pricing structure RunCore will use to bring the Pro V to market. With OCZ, A-DATA and other manufacturers hitting new lower price points weekly, RunCore will need to price their Pro V drives fairly low to be competitive in the US and European markets. To be honest, I am not really sure if this is something RunCore will be able to do.
As it sits right now, RunCore is an SSD company, but they are like a teenager who does not know what he wants to do when he grows up. Obviously the focus is on SSDs, but RunCore spends so much time in netbook and specialty SSDs that the 2.5" market seems like an afterthought these days. The 2.5" SSD market is the strongest, but also the most competitive. You can't just dabble in it and expect to sell the volume of drives needed to make money unless you are charging more per part and crossing your fingers that something sells. Retailers don't like this approach and end users aren't going to buy a drive with a super strong case if the price is 100USD more.
As it sits right now we don't have pricing information, but the RunCore Pro IV is currently priced at a level where they are not competitively in the market. I really hope RunCore is able to keep their prices down on the Pro V, but only time will tell.
When it comes to performance, the RunCore Pro V can be considered one of the fastest drives on the market, but the same can be said about a handful of Team SandForce products that are already cheap and listed online as being in stock, ready to ship.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The RunCore Pro V 100GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Game Own Kingdom - chiến thuật hành động cho S7568
- I am the new one
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20