Specifications, Availability and Pricing
As with most cases, the Dragon Slayer is made mainly from steel, using plastic for the front bezel and steel mesh for ventilation. The DS measures up at almost seventeen inches square and just fewer than eight inches wide. Taller CPU coolers could be an issue, but there is plenty of room for graphics cards up to 320mm long. Don't let the specs on the drive bays confuse you; let me simplify. There is one 5.25" drive bay at the top and as part of that same rack, there is room for a 3.5" floppy drive to be placed. Below these two drives is open space that allows for the longer graphics cards. Near the floor is a cage that will accept more 5.25" devices, but has a built-in cage with a fan that supports up to three 3.5" drives out of the box. In the middle of the chassis is a motherboard tray with management holes for wiring and support for an m-ATX motherboard. Around the back you will find seven expansion slots and three holes with rubber grommets; two of which are for water cooling tubes to pass through and the third to pass a cable out of the case and into the rear I/O of the motherboard. Along with the rest of the typical front panel wiring, IN WIN has also added a USB 3.0 cable.
Cooling is handled in the Dragon Slayer in a few different ways. In the front there are two fans. In the middle there is a 140mm, green blade fan. And just below it, on the face of the HDD cage, there is a 90mm green blade fan. Both act as intakes, just that the 90mm fan cools the hard drive first. On the top IN WIN mounted another 140mm fan to exhaust any air that the 80mm fan on the back doesn't get rid of. I guess in the effort to save space, some fans are reduced in size. Hopefully the whine I am accustomed to with 80 and 90mm fans isn't present here. If these fans aren't enough and you want to add more, or possibly mount a radiator or two, the side panel has a large mesh area with room to mount four 120mm fans.
Searching Google for the Dragon Slayer leads me to a few news posts, IN WIN's own product page and a few forums posting about it. In the email correspondence, I was told the case is displaying as a brand new product currently and I read that the chassis will release sometime in June. Pricing I am unsure of, but if I had to guess from their previous submissions and pricing, I would take a guess it will be sub $100 and would be a complete steal for a price around $65-75, placing it right in direct competition with a few samples we have just seen. Keep an eye on the news from Computex as I'm sure some more solid answers are soon to surface.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY