The NZXT Vulcan Crafted Series Enthusiast M-ATX Case
At first glance you can see the Vulcan is a bit "squat" in stature. Offering room on the front bezel for only two optical drives and two 3.5" devices just above a 120mm intake covering mesh; it drives this point home. The surrounding plastic bezel is done in a matte finish and the NZXT logo can be found at the top to the right of the dual fan speed controllers.
The left side panel has a raised area of mesh that allows for an almost completely ventilated side. There are four holes for the potential 200mm fan you might purchase.
Looking at the rear of the Vulcan also dives home the fact that there isn't going to be a whole lot of room for expansion inside the Vulcan. With a bottom mounted power supply, the four expansions slots are all you get here. Above the slots is where you can mount a 120mm exhaust fan flanking the rear I/O area. Lastly, NZXT does offer a way to get water cooling tubes in and out of the chassis, and hides a LED on/off switch in between.
The right side of the chassis keeps the same design as the mesh panel on the opposing side. This time not only does it keep the chassis optically balanced, but here it offers a bit of space to allow for wiring to easily fit behind this panel. One thing I missed while showing the other side was the slots on the side of the front bezel. These will allow for a bit more unimpeded air flow into the chassis.
On the top you will find a spot for two 120mm fans, one of which is included and it bares orange LED lighting. These are covered with the same mesh you will find on the front. There are the holes I mentioned in the specs; these four holes, two at the top and two at the bottom are where the handle mounts through.
The front I/O consists of a reset button and power button to the left. There are two 3.5mm jacks for audio, two USB 2.0 and e-SATA connections that finish of the front connectivity.
Underneath you will find four plastic feet with rubber pads supporting the chassis. Then the rear of the floor is ventilated for the power supply fan, and NZXT includes a removable fan filter here as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch Pro controller can be used to play PC games
- Xbox One gets $10 EA Access-like subscription service
- The Xenomorph is unleashed in new 'Alien' trailer
- NVIDIA announces its new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Bethesda optimizing games for AMD's Ryzen and Vega tech
- IPMI on E3C226D2I
- Site & Forum impressions
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Massive, Lightstorm and Fox Interactive team up for a game based on Avatar universe
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art