The new K series CPUs are not bringing much to the table that will give you better stock performance. These CPUs are not meant for the average consumer. They are meant for the person that wants to push their CPU as far as they can. The same group of people that are going to run liquid or phase change cooling will benefit from this line-up. Even the casual overclocker is only going to get a small boost from this (as our air cooled testing shows).
Still, we do know that the i7 875K is capable of getting much farther than the average 1156 Core i7. Our previous experience with the i7 870 only allowed us to reach 4.2GHz before the system would not even post. Now, on the same air cooling we are hitting 4.5GHz for CPU-Z shots and stable performance at 4.1GHz. This is a good indication that you will get what you put into these CPUs (in terms of cooling).
We do hope to return to the 875K and test it out again under some good water cooling just to see how far it will take us. The pricing is also not extreme, with the 875K coming in at around $324.
These CPUs from Intel should give the overclocking community a new toy to play with for a few months and keep them very happy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 tested, loses to reference RX Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes