This is possibly going to be the smallest "What's New" segment I have ever written. To put it plainly, the only thing new with these CPUs is the addition of the new overclocking features.
Now, I know you are wondering (like I was) what you get with these new features. Well, you now have the ability to control the CPU multiplier. You can adjust it higher than the stock settings.
For example, the i7 870 normally has a multiplier of 22, but with the i7 875K you can push this to over 22 (we used 24 and 25 at different times) to get the highest clock.
Intel has also added in a few more options for memory dividers; again to give you more flexibility for overclocking. Finally, they mention that there is an increased tolerance for voltage (they say current and power).
Everything else is pretty much the same. The i7 875K is still 45nm, the i5 655K is still 32nm; Intel is just giving you more room to push these beyond their normal operating speeds.
See, not much new there. But we are hoping to see quite a bit more performance out of the i7 875 when we push it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SAPPHIRE's new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 leaked photos surface
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard