This is possibly going to be the smallest "What's New" segment I have ever written. To put it plainly, the only thing new with these CPUs is the addition of the new overclocking features.
Now, I know you are wondering (like I was) what you get with these new features. Well, you now have the ability to control the CPU multiplier. You can adjust it higher than the stock settings.
For example, the i7 870 normally has a multiplier of 22, but with the i7 875K you can push this to over 22 (we used 24 and 25 at different times) to get the highest clock.
Intel has also added in a few more options for memory dividers; again to give you more flexibility for overclocking. Finally, they mention that there is an increased tolerance for voltage (they say current and power).
Everything else is pretty much the same. The i7 875K is still 45nm, the i5 655K is still 32nm; Intel is just giving you more room to push these beyond their normal operating speeds.
See, not much new there. But we are hoping to see quite a bit more performance out of the i7 875 when we push it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel