Once we crack open the side of this thing, we can see why I enjoy this design so much. There is ample room for nearly any motherboard and it has both drive bays and fan mounts to spare. It also consists of a very sturdy construction that isn't all that common in cases today, so it adds even more to the desirability of this design.
So let's get down to business and see what we have to work with here, shall we?
We'll start off with the 5.25" drive bays. There are four total but only three are still usable. The top bay is where the HardCano unit is mounted, so you'll just have to be satisfied with only three optical devices. But considering that three is a standard for many enclosures that I have seen, this shouldn't be too much an inconvenience.
The cabling that you see on the rear of the HardCano unit is the brains of all its functions. The two thick cables are for the Firewire and the USB ports. The smaller wiring on the right side is the fan hookups and the thermal probe. All in all a very simple operation here.
Next up are the 3.5" drive bays. Notice that there are two bays that can handle three drives each. Also note that the entire bay can be removed from the case. This makes it a breeze to install additional drives since you can just remove the bay and install the drive while it sits on your work table, or your lap if you don't have a work area. No more dropping screws and then trying to fish them out of the corners of the case.
The layout of the 3.5" bays also allows you to have two drives that require external access. So if you use both a 3.5" floppy and a ZIP drive, you're still in business. And best of all, this still leaves space for up to four hard drives. Can you say RAID?
Remember when I told you that I was able to sit on the case and not have any worries? Well the photo above shows why this is possible. The rear corners are braced for extra support. The front doesn't need any help because it has the added support of the front bezel, but the back end gets some help in this area and it pays off nicely. Though it may not seem like much, it goes to show that the case is designed to last for a very long time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog