Inside the Cooler Master HAF-X RC-942-KKN1 Full Tower Case
Removing two thumbscrews, the door panels open like a car door. Once they are swung open the front can be released and the panel set aside. Inside the windowed panel Cooler Master adds not only a 200mm fan, but also a shroud to better direct that airflow into your graphics cards.
With the door removed we can get our first unimpeded view of the interior; well, almost. Time to get the goodies out of it and strip it down so I can show you what all we get.
The top four 5.25" bays use Cooler Master's tool-less locks that we are used to seeing from them. The bottom two 5.25" bays are hot swappable and can be used with 3.5" and 2.5" drives. At the bottom, five hard drive sleds are present; again, what is typical in today's cases from Cooler Master. Tucked in front of these bays is the 200mm, red LED, intake fan.
The hot swappable bays are controlled with this PCB attached to the case. Simply add a 4-pin Molex and two SATA cables and you have yourself two hot swappable bays ready to go.
The motherboard area has basically the same layout as the 932. Of course, this time it is black and sports new wire management grommets to fill the holes that are in the original. The tray is labeled alphabetically to help set the risers by form factor and has a large CPU cooler access hole at the top.
Near the floor you can see a large hole for passing wires behind the tray and above a series of slots and holes. These are for the adjustable wiring and power supply cover. The floor itself has two long rubber pads to support the PSU over the ventilated floor.
Inside the rear we can see the 140mm fan Cooler Master installed. Both the fan on the top and this one in the rear come with 3-pin connections and 3-pin to 4-pin Molex adapters.
Behind the scenes you can see a line of tabs for tying down all the wiring from the front I/O area. With the bump in this door, wiring really shouldn't be an issue as there is an additional ½" of room inside the panel.
Connectivity of the front I/O is just like any other, except for one thing. That's right; you are looking at USB connections. These can be run out the case and into the rear I/O of the motherboard if you so choose. There is also an adapter that will convert it to a motherboard connection that I will show in the accessories section. All the rest of the connections are clearly labeled and ready to connect to any motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset