The Cooler Master HAF-X RC-942-KKN1 Full Tower Case
The front of the HAF-X takes a lot of the styling and design from the original, but more refined this time around. The middle ventilated area consists of six 5.25" bay covers that remove from the outside and the bottom is to act as a fan filter for the intake, with a Cooler Master logo right in the middle.
Just a gentle tug at the very bottom releases this washable fan filter from the bezel. What I do love is that Cooler Master has removed all the metal in front of this fan which will allow for a much stronger flow of air into the intake and over your components.
Gone is the look of a gas can for this larger window and the door keeps the 200mm fan of the elder. Retail samples will have the HAF-X etched into it as the box shows, but the press samples were sent out before they were ready, so yours will look slightly different. While the view inside isn't that great, the fan is positioned perfectly, so you have to take a trade off.
Gone is the optional PSU plate in favor of three water cooling pass through grommets, one of which can be used for wiring. Just below are the rear I/O area and the flanking 140mm exhausting fan. Nine ventilated expansion slot covers fill the left, while the right has tracks for the GPU cooler and a well ventilated area on the right. That, of course, leaves us with the large hole at the bottom for your power supply.
The back side panel is a bit more subdued. A bump for room behind the motherboard tray and a bit of styling in the bottom corner are all you will find. That way this panel isn't completely void of interest.
The front I/O panel is where things get interesting. The HAF-X is the first case I have seen to offer USB 3.0 ports on the front, denoted by the "SS" and USB symbol. Moving right, there is e-SATA, Firewire, two USB 2.0 and front audio connections to round it out. Above this is a sliding panel; slid to the left it exposes the Power, Reset and LED switches. Moved to the right, it will keep them out of sight and clean; also somewhat tamper proof.
The top has ventilation areas that will obviously support two 200mm fans, even though currently I only have one installed. Removing this top cover, by gently releasing tabs underneath, is how to gain access to the fans or swap them out for a radiator.
As shipped the HAF-X is supported by two side rails made of plastic that have rubber pads for anti-skid. Inside the chassis you will find casters that go in each corner in the screw holes provided. The power supply area is well ventilated and should make any PSU comfortable and breathing easy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now