Specifications, Availability and Pricing
This new chassis from Cooler Master, the HAF-X, is also denoted as a 942; only fitting as it is the next evolution of the series. Building off an already great foundation, it uses the same SECC and plastic construction, but this time it gets painted black throughout. The HAF-X isn't quite two foot tall out of the box and it is just over twenty-one inches long. The case keeps the nine inch side to side spacing to allow for any cooler under 175mm in height. All this space equates to motherboard compatibility going from m-ATX all the way up to EATX. Larger EATX boards are not an issue, but don't be confused with a board like the SR-2 from EVGA, as it uses its own form factor which is larger than EATX. Around the chassis you will notice a few additions as well, like a larger window than the 932 and the addition of USB 3.0 connectivity in the front I/O.
The front of the chassis is well ventilated. All of the bay covers are ventilated and have thin foam for a dust filter. The lower half has a removable fan filter that covers a 200mm intake fan with switchable red LEDs. Speaking of fans, this case is chocked full of them. Aside from the front intake, there are also 200mm fans found in the door panel and at the top. Retail samples will have two 200mm fans in the top, but due to this being rushed out, the tooling wasn't quite right to install two on this sample and will be fixed and installed in the retail cases. Cooler Master also adds a 140mm to exhaust the rear of the chassis and all four of these fans are rated at 19 dBA and are near silent in full swing.
Even if air cooling isn't your thing and you want to add some internal water cooling, Cooler Master has you covered. In the retail samples the HAF-X will support a 240, 360 or 280mm radiator out of the box and there is plenty of room inside for a pump and reservoir. On top of all of this, Cooler Master keeps on giving! I haven't even touched on the dual pronged attack to cool the graphics cards. There is the same GPU fan assembly and support that we saw in the CM 690 II Advanced case, but this time there is also a shroud to house a 120mm fan to blow right into the end of your cards.
Since we are privy to getting the HAF-X early, they aren't yet available to the masses. Via emails with Cooler Master, I was given all the pertinent information. Retail pricing is set from Cooler Master at the MSRP of $199.99 USD; almost $70 over the original HAF 932. I don't have a specific date it will hit store shelves, but I have been lead to believe that it will be sometime in early June, worldwide. Time sure is flying this year and June is right around the corner. Let's dig deep and see if the HAF-X is all it is promoted to be and if it warrants the asking price of just over $200 once shipping is taken into account.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis