HD Tune Pro
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
- Benchmark: measures the performance
- Info: shows detailed information
- Health: checks the health status by using SMART
- Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
- Temperature display
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
With the Crucial RealSSD C300 rolling off the charts this week, we are left with only a single 256GB drive and products in the 100 to 128GB category. Amazingly six of the drives listed use SandForce controllers, the two entries for Crucial C300 are from the same drive but with one on SATA 3G and the other on native SATA 6G. The Corsair Nova is the only Indilinx Barefoot and it has the new ECO variant which is now a low cost product. Two value drives using JMicron are shown; the Kingston V Series and Patriot Zephyr and the Western Digital Silicon Edge which really doesn't have a category also uses a JMicron controller.
When it comes to all out read speeds, the SandForce drives are limited by the SATA II interface. We did observe a nice straight line across the graph that told us that the performance was linier across the drive.
In the write test the G.Skill Phoenix started out a little slow at first, but jumped up to the level it should run at right away. This is something we have observed before with SandForce drives, but the real world performance is not affected by the single low spike.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD