You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
Today we will present the performance data for the G.Skill Phoenix 100GB SSD that uses a SandForce SF-1200 controller with Samsung M Die flash memory. The performance charts show a handful of other products tested under identical conditions using the same supporting hardware needed to perform an accurate performance evaluation.
I am quite excited to see G.Skill thinking outside of the box and trying something different to achieve higher performance. If the Phoenix is able to achieve better performance in our real world tests then the power consumption tax will be a good investment for desktop users.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In ATTO we are able to verify the manufacturers transfer speed claims and see that the G.Skill Phoenix is rated by G.Skill a bit on the conservative side. Here we see over 285MB/s read and over 275MB/s write speeds.
One interesting note should be made about the 4K write speed. Here we see the Phoenix achieving around 127MB/s which is very fast, but the two SandForce drives we have tested using 'High 4K' firmware were able to achieve performance in the 170MB/s range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel