You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
Today we will present the performance data for the G.Skill Phoenix 100GB SSD that uses a SandForce SF-1200 controller with Samsung M Die flash memory. The performance charts show a handful of other products tested under identical conditions using the same supporting hardware needed to perform an accurate performance evaluation.
I am quite excited to see G.Skill thinking outside of the box and trying something different to achieve higher performance. If the Phoenix is able to achieve better performance in our real world tests then the power consumption tax will be a good investment for desktop users.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In ATTO we are able to verify the manufacturers transfer speed claims and see that the G.Skill Phoenix is rated by G.Skill a bit on the conservative side. Here we see over 285MB/s read and over 275MB/s write speeds.
One interesting note should be made about the 4K write speed. Here we see the Phoenix achieving around 127MB/s which is very fast, but the two SandForce drives we have tested using 'High 4K' firmware were able to achieve performance in the 170MB/s range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20