The OCZ Technology Vertex 2 100GB SSD
Here we get our first close up look at the Vertex 2. There really isn't much to see on the front of the drive other than a shiny logo sticker.
On the back we found another label, this one with model and serial number information as well as capacity size. The four under drive mounting positions are located in their standard location, so you will not have issues installing the drive in adapter brackets that use under drive mounts.
On the side we also found the standard mounting locations that are used more often in desktop systems.
Standard SATA power and data connections were also used on the Vertex 2, so the drive conforms to the industry standards all the way around which will make for a user friendly installation.
The Vertex 2 uses the 'Super Capacitor' PCB that we have found only on OCZ's SandForce products. In the middle of the PCB we see the SF-1200 controller surrounded by Intel NAND flash memory; eight per side.
On the back we found eight more Intel flash memory chips and where the Super Capacitor would be on the enterprise SandForce SSDs from OCZ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent