The OCZ Technology Vertex 2 100GB SSD
Here we get our first close up look at the Vertex 2. There really isn't much to see on the front of the drive other than a shiny logo sticker.
On the back we found another label, this one with model and serial number information as well as capacity size. The four under drive mounting positions are located in their standard location, so you will not have issues installing the drive in adapter brackets that use under drive mounts.
On the side we also found the standard mounting locations that are used more often in desktop systems.
Standard SATA power and data connections were also used on the Vertex 2, so the drive conforms to the industry standards all the way around which will make for a user friendly installation.
The Vertex 2 uses the 'Super Capacitor' PCB that we have found only on OCZ's SandForce products. In the middle of the PCB we see the SF-1200 controller surrounded by Intel NAND flash memory; eight per side.
On the back we found eight more Intel flash memory chips and where the Super Capacitor would be on the enterprise SandForce SSDs from OCZ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood