The Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Mid Tower Case
Two chrome strips accent all the black on the front and surround the mesh middle section. The entire section under the Cooler Master logo is well ventilated behind it and hides a 140mm blue LED fan working as the only intake to the chassis. At the top, the same mesh is used, but this time for removable covers, just to make installation easy and keep things well ventilated.
The "right" side panel, as Cooler Master called it, has no window. It offers ventilation via mesh passively, or with any fans, 80mm, 92mm, 120mm or 140mm to aid in the intake. The fans are optional, however.
The rear of the chassis is topped with two holes to allow for the passing of water tubing. Just below is a 120mm fan for exhaust taking up the room next to the rear I/O shield hole. Moving down you run into the 7 + 1 arrangement of expansion slots, while there are seven as they are typically found, the eighth is positioned next to them for additional controllers. This leaves us with the large hole at the bottom for the power supply.
Typically this panel is just flat without anything to highlight in most cases. Here I get to point out the CM 690 II Advanced has room for a fan to cool the back of the CPU socket. It only allows for an 80 X 15mm fan, but any air flow is better than none.
On the top you will find the front I/O first. This consists of a light power switch, e-SATA, two USB 2.0 port on either side of the MIC and audio jacks and the reset and power buttons. Just above the reset button there are two tiny LEDs for power and HDD activity. Just behind these, there is a removable cover for the HDD dock. Going a bit further, you run into mesh again. Underneath this is room for two 140mm fans and Cooler Master has filled one, the other is optional.
With the case spun around and the cover removed, you can see the hot swappable ports that are in the bottom of the angled depression. This allows for easy access to booting an extra hard drive, and the angle helps keep it in place.
Underneath the chassis you will find large, chunky, rubber feet in the rear and pads of rubber under plastic feet in the front. The rear feet surround a ventilated area for the fan on the power supply to breathe through. There is a screen covering the area for two 120mm fans in the middle and front of the floor. This plastic screen will need removal for access to the holes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015