Well, after the installation was complete and I was able to see these fans in the dark, I must say that they are as cool as they sound. The blue light on the front of the case plus the tri-color coming out the side was sweet. But even better is that they don't just look cool... they ARE cool.
I have been an avid user of Sunon fans for about four years now. Though I never really considered changing these loud things out, the Antec LED fans have changed my mind in this regard. I'm getting the same level of cooling performance, less noise and an awesome appearance. This makes for a hard combination to beat.
There are really only two downfalls that I noticed with these fans. First was the lack of a directional arrow to indicate airflow and fan direction. Though a small thing, it needs to be noted that you'll want to make sure that your fan is pointing in the right direction. Second is price. Decent 80mm fans can be purchased for US$8-10 from many retailers. These fans go in at a rather hefty US$14.95 each. But then your normal fan doesn't have the LED either.
Bottom line... Case cooling is a must with modern systems. With case mods becoming an everyday occurrence, these fans will surely please those who are looking for both effective cooling and good looks. You got a window and like to go to LAN parties? Then just go get some of these.
No directional arrows
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS