You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
Today we will be testing the Patriot Zephyr in our Storage Product Workstation and comparing the drives performance with several other drives that we have tested this past year.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In our workstation we found that Patriot's read speed claims were accurate, but the write speed wasn't close to the 180MB/s that was quoted in the marketing material. Patriot did make a footnote that said 180MB/s was only accurate for the 256GB capacity model, so they were not trying to mislead us, but they didn't go as far as to publish write speeds for the entire product range either.
Before we get started with the testing, let me add my own little footnote. In this industry there are some really shady companies that routinely do questionable things and half truths with their marketing. It has been my experience that Patriot isn't one of those companies. Not giving the write speeds for all of the Zephyr models is not something I would have expected from Patriot.
The company hasn't tried to hide the controller used in the drive either, like some other companies have in the past. It clearly states on the specifications that this drive uses a JMicron JM612 controller. Our only issue thus far is this controller being used on a product at this price point. Let's move into the testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015