The QNAP TS-459 Pro TurboNAS
The front of the TS-459 is where the drives are loaded. Here we see the four locking drive bays as well as the power button, quick copy button for the front USB port and the setup display with buttons for quick configuration changes. There are also status lights for power, USB, eSATA and LAN activity.
The side of the TS-459 has a brushed aluminum look with additional ventilation to keep the NAS cool.
The rest of the ports are located on the back of the NAS. Here we see dual eSATA and dual gigabit Ethernet as well as four USB ports, COM and power connectors. The power supply is built into the unit and has its own temperature controlled fan that aids in cooling with the main temperature controlled fan. In our testing the NAS was very quiet and would be a welcome addition to a desktop in your main work area.
The other side of the NAS is also brushed aluminum.
New for QNAP this year is compliance with 2.5 inch form factor drives. Here we see the new drive carrier that marks the mounting locations.
QNAP includes a pair of manuals with the TS-459 TurboNAS as well as a disk with software utilities and an additional full user manual. Two Ethernet cables and a power cable are also in the package as well as the mounting screws and locking keys.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-459 Pro TurboNAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft has made over 1 million Xbox One Elite Controllers
- WB delays Batman: Return to Arkham, devs need more time to polish
- New Windows 10 Anniversary Update release date leaked
- Doom update makes it feel more like the original
- Overwatch Competitive Mode launches on PC
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines