The QNAP TS-459 Pro TurboNAS
The front of the TS-459 is where the drives are loaded. Here we see the four locking drive bays as well as the power button, quick copy button for the front USB port and the setup display with buttons for quick configuration changes. There are also status lights for power, USB, eSATA and LAN activity.
The side of the TS-459 has a brushed aluminum look with additional ventilation to keep the NAS cool.
The rest of the ports are located on the back of the NAS. Here we see dual eSATA and dual gigabit Ethernet as well as four USB ports, COM and power connectors. The power supply is built into the unit and has its own temperature controlled fan that aids in cooling with the main temperature controlled fan. In our testing the NAS was very quiet and would be a welcome addition to a desktop in your main work area.
The other side of the NAS is also brushed aluminum.
New for QNAP this year is compliance with 2.5 inch form factor drives. Here we see the new drive carrier that marks the mounting locations.
QNAP includes a pair of manuals with the TS-459 TurboNAS as well as a disk with software utilities and an additional full user manual. Two Ethernet cables and a power cable are also in the package as well as the mounting screws and locking keys.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-459 Pro TurboNAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- This fan made 'Indiana Jones' animated short rocks
- Cyberpunk 2077 has 'huge living cities,' real-time AI
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now