The NB76 has quite a few onboard features that will interest you. Firstly, it includes a Realtek RTL8100BL controller that adds 10/100 Ethernet support. This controller performed quite well during testing and it is certainly a welcome addition for those that cannot afford a PCI network card or just require a temporary solution.
It also features 6-channel audio through an AC'97 controller. This is not the highest quality onboard audio we have seen and there are much better onboard solutions available from manufacturers such as CMedia and Creative. That said, it is certainly satisfactory as a temporary solution or for those that rarely listen to audio on their PC.
The board features support for a total of six USB 2.0 devices, with four ports available in the rear panel and an optional bracket for the other two ports. I was rather disappointed to see that ATA133 support has not been integrated into the southbridge. Although there aren't many ATA133 hard drives available at the moment, it would have been nice to see ATA133 support included for those looking at upgrading in the near future.
One of the most important features the i845G chipset possesses is an onboard graphics controller. At the time of writing this review, this controller has not yet been named, however, all of Intel's pre-release whitepapers have it labelled as "Intel Extreme Graphics". For those that require higher quality graphics than the onboard video provided, there is also an AGP4x slot onboard. I will be benchmarking both an AGP card and the onboard video a little later on in the review.
If you decide to use the onboard video, DFI includes an add-in card that is placed into the AGP slot. This card adds a DVI output, a TV ouput and an S-Video output.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI NB76 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI NB76 - Page 2 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- DFI NB76 - Page 3 [Layout]
- DFI NB76 - Page 4 [Features]
- DFI NB76 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- DFI NB76 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Prpductivity]
- DFI NB76 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- DFI NB76 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- DFI NB76 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- DFI NB76 - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- DFI NB76 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20