Taking A Closer Look
- Packaging & Software Bundle
DFI are not known for including extravagant software bundles with their products, nor are they known for packaging their products in overly pretty boxes. The reasoning behind this is that DFI's main selling point for their products is that they are able to price them very well when compared to competing manufacturers. In my opinion, this is a fair trade-off and I'm sure most of you would rather have a lower price than having to pay extra money for software that you would most probably already own.
DFI's latest product, the NB76, follows this trend. The packaging is far from plain, however, it is not as fancy as what we have seen from other manufacturers in the past. That said, it definitely does its job and as long as the product arrives intact, who really cares what the box looks like?
The board we received directly from DFI was a very early retail sample, and the final package contents may differ slightly to what we have here. Inside our box was a driver CD, IDE & Floppy cables, a game port header for the onboard audio and an SC/MS/SD reader. There was no manual included with our sample, however, we have confirmed that one will be shipped with the final product. There was no extra software on the driver CD besides the chipset drivers.
A very thoughtful inclusion by DFI was a Smart Card/Memory Stick/SD Card reader. It slides into one of your 3 1/2" floppy bays and and can come in very handy. For example, if you have a digital camera with a memory stick and wanted to download pictures from the camera to your PC, all you have to do is slide the card into the reader and away you go!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI NB76 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI NB76 - Page 2 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- DFI NB76 - Page 3 [Layout]
- DFI NB76 - Page 4 [Features]
- DFI NB76 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- DFI NB76 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Prpductivity]
- DFI NB76 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- DFI NB76 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- DFI NB76 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- DFI NB76 - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- DFI NB76 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- Turn into a certified hacker with premium training
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller