Overall, I was relatively pleased with the NB76, however, I did have a few complaints. Before I continue, you must keep in mind that the NB76 board is directed at the integrated, value market and not the enthusiast market. Like all integrated video solutions we have seen to date, the i845G's onboard video was not something to call home about. However, it is satisfactory for non graphics-intensive tasks and may be adequate for the odd bit of low-resolution gaming. The 10/100 Ethernet controller, 6-channel audio and USB 2.0 ports were a welcome addition and the layout of the board was thought out well.
Something that we've come to expect from past DFI products is stability. DFI are known for highly stable motherboards and the NB76 is no exception. Overclocking results were also very impressive and I was quite pleased with the amount of tweaking options available. Performance with an AGP card installed was on-par with the i845D chipset, however, DDR333 memory support would have increased performance even further.
Pricing for the NB76 has not yet been announced, however, judging from past DFI products the board should be priced significantly lower than the competition. The bottom line is, if you want a cheap, highly-integrated motherboard and do not play many games, you should definitely consider the DFI NB76. However, if you are an avid gamer and require high performance, you may find that chipsets such as the SiS645DX, P4X333 or i845E might be more appropriate.
* Good performance w/ AGP card
* Low price
* Good layout
* Great overclocker
* 10/100 Ethernet controller
* USB 2.0
* 6-channel audio
* Onboard video will be inadequate for most gamers
* Lacks DDR333 memory support
* Lacks ATA133 Support
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI NB76 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI NB76 - Page 2 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- DFI NB76 - Page 3 [Layout]
- DFI NB76 - Page 4 [Features]
- DFI NB76 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- DFI NB76 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Prpductivity]
- DFI NB76 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- DFI NB76 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- DFI NB76 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- DFI NB76 - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- DFI NB76 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives