Intel have just announced two new additions to their Pentium 4 chipset range, the i845E and the i845G. With the recent release of their 533MHz bus Pentium 4 processor, it is quite logical to assume that they would release a new motherboard chipset to officially support the new front side bus speed. SiS have had official 533MHz bus support with their 645DX chipset for quite some time now, however, Intel decided to hold off the i845E/G until they had released their new Pentium 4 processors.
The first question many of you will be asking is, what's the difference between the i845E and the i845G? Well, both chipsets feature official 533MHz bus support and both chipsets support DDR266 memory. In fact, the only difference between the two is that one features onboard video (i845G), and one doesn't (i845E).
We have managed to obtain one of the first retail i845G boards, the DFI NB76. How does it perform against its predecessor, the i845D? How does it perform against its current main competior, the SiS645DX? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI NB76 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI NB76 - Page 2 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- DFI NB76 - Page 3 [Layout]
- DFI NB76 - Page 4 [Features]
- DFI NB76 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- DFI NB76 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Prpductivity]
- DFI NB76 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- DFI NB76 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- DFI NB76 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- DFI NB76 - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- DFI NB76 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now