The Halo headphones are, as we know already, a new product and when totally new products come along they usually get a couple of things right and a couple of things wrong. In the case of the Halo headphones, I think they have got more right than wrong.
The design element is very simple indeed, consisting only of a pair of rubber coated speaker drivers and a black headband with a small slit in it. And I think it's for this reason the Halo headphones work as well as they do; they are simple and they work as intended. They do not need to worry about being compatible; they simply work right out of the box. The sound quality is above average and surprised me a little bit with its open mid range and overall non-intrusiveness.
The headband itself could be of higher quality, even managing to look worn right out of the box for my photo shoot. And if I'm being honest, this is the area that needs work. Fitting the earphones is difficult to the point of nearly breaking the band and once they are in do not convey much of a feeling of being at their ideal location relative to my ears.
Overall, though, the Halo headphones are a good idea that is well packaged, is quite well thought out and sounds pretty good to boot. There is always a risk when appealing to such a niche market, though, so it's going to be important for this company to carve out a share for itself sooner rather than later.
I look forward to seeing what is next from this innovative new company.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elgato reveals new Stream Deck streaming hub
- Battle.net client is now called 'Blizzard'
- Mass Effect: Andromeda faces prove it needed more time
- Netflix has 25 new original TV/movies ready for April
- Facebook Messenger now features mentions and reactions
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse