The Corsair Obsidian Series 700D Full Tower Case
Right out of the box there are two things that are obvious removals from the 800D version. Those are the windowed side panel, which may or may not be an issue for you, as well as the access panel for the hot swappable drives in the front. Other than that we are looking at the same exterior.
The front of the 700D comes with the all aluminum face plate, as did the 800D. The top starts with a power button with LED lighting next to the closed front I/O panel. Below are the five 5.25" bays with easily removable covers. Once again, as with the 800D, the only bit of naming in the entire chassis is seen in the logo at the bottom.
Turning the case to view the left side, we are greeted with a lot of textured matte black paint over a steel panel. Gone is the windowed view of the 800D in this version.
No major changes in the rear view either! - We start with the vented area at the top above a pair of holes for water tubing to pass through. Then we run into the rear I/O area next to the 140mm rear exhaust fan. Seven slots are used here for expansion cards, but there is a vent to allow GPU heat to escape in the triple card arrangement.
Lastly, the PSU is mounted in the bottom. One thing I did skip over was the two buttons at the top, right and left sides. These are just simply pushed and the door practically falls out of place into your hand.
Looks a lot like the other side, doesn't it? Simple clean mating lines are all the enjoyment you see from either side with the panels on.
The top is the same as well. Leaving the room for three 120mm fans or up to a triple radiator to be mounted here allows for much better airflow, or a very convenient place to hide the radiator internally.
In the floor of the chassis you will find a very large ventilated area to allow for even the largest of power supplies to be able to draw cool air through. Just in front of this area is room to place another 120mm fan if you should choose to use one. Removable through the back of the chassis, underneath, is the washable dust filter. Using my 800D for quite a while now, it has caught quite a bit that would have otherwise ended up in my PSU.
I mentioned the front I/O was hidden in the front on shot of the 700D. With a gentle push in the upper right corner, the panel clicks in and releases, exposing what you see here. On the left half are four USB 2.0 ports, two pair on either side, and the audio 3.5mm jacks in the middle. Then to finish it off there is the IEEE 1394 (FireWire) and reset buttons on the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS