Since the release of the Corsair Obsidian 800D there has been much talk around the internet. Everything from it being one of the easiest chassis' to work with, to stylish looks and roominess; there wasn't much bad to be said about the chassis. We got the opportunity back in August of last year to look at the 800D and to be completely honest, I was so won over that the chassis never left my house. It had been with me and my many configurations and as a matter of fact, the same day the images were taken I swapped the review hardware for my own and haven't been happier with a chassis since.
A lot of time has passed and during daily use I still stand behind everything I stated back then. No new issues arose, the swappable drive bays have come in handy a few times and never failed me and I still can't get over how easy it is to work on things inside the chassis. Reminds me of the old cars, when you used to sit on a fender with your legs in the engine bay. Yeah, that's it! - Not that SFF and HTPC builds don't require things to be a little more compact, but I really appreciate all the elbow room I get in the Obsidian series in my day to day usage. As an avid overclocker, even on a dual BIOS GIGABYTE motherboard I have tweaked to the point of no return and have to get in and reset the CMOS quite often.
This time from Corsair we get a simpler, refined, and re-thought sibling to the 800D. Corsair now offers the 700D in the Obsidian series, which by now most have already caught the buzz of what's going on. Based completely off of the original, the 700D offers all the room of its older brother, but there are changes afoot. Some really obvious, some less conspicuous, but all designed to offer the same quality and pleasurable experience of ownership as was brought to you with the 800D, just this time a little different way of looking at things. Let's go through some of the specs and get to the images so we can see just what is and isn't different about the new 700D in Corsairs Obsidian series chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives