Hmmm, the ASUS P7P55 WS SuperComputer could possibly be very misnamed. It lists itself as a workstation system, yet it is more than capable of operating (very well) in a consumer level system. It is very versatile with the extra lanes for either SLI/Crossfire or for multiple Tesla cards. No matter what direction you want to go, the P7P55 WS seems suited to the task.
The layout is utilitarian and fairly clean. The extra two USB ports will be great for people that have to use security dongles for work (LightWave 3D and others). The HDD performance seems tailored to Audio and Video work. It just is a good all-around board. Even the $229 price tag puts it in the reach of most consumers looking for a good hard working motherboard. Overclocking was simple and yielded good results with the use of either manual controls or the TurboV software.
I really cannot think of anything that would steer me away from this board. It reminds me of the P5E64 WS Evolution. I still used this board until very recently as it was just that good. I think I have found its replacement in terms of performance, quality and reliability.
If you are in the market for a workhorse that has some power under the hood then the P7P55 WS SuperComputer should be at the top of your very short list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset