With the kit we're looking at today not even having a serious name, we instantly get the feeling that it goes into that category of mainstream memory. When we say that, we mean that if someone's just looking for a 6GB kit of memory at X speed then this is the kind of kit that would get offered to them.
You might find yourself thinking, "Well, that's not very exciting" and you would be right. This kit isn't supposed to get the juices flowing in the sense that you're going to be breaking world records with it. What it does is offer you 6GB of branded good quality memory at a strong price of less than $160.
It's cheap memory that's going to work. To be honest with you, that's what most people out there want. Sure, it's great to look at $600+ kits of memory that can offer speeds in excess of 2200MHz, but for most that's more money than they want to spend; it would be the difference between having a HD 5450 and a HD 5870.
If you're a gamer or just someone who wants a stable computer and you find yourself wanting 6GB of no frills RAM, this is a great little kit from Kingmax. Throw in the fact that the heatsink is top quality and we had some overclocking head room and you've got a really nice little kit on your hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 10 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD