With the kit we're looking at today not even having a serious name, we instantly get the feeling that it goes into that category of mainstream memory. When we say that, we mean that if someone's just looking for a 6GB kit of memory at X speed then this is the kind of kit that would get offered to them.
You might find yourself thinking, "Well, that's not very exciting" and you would be right. This kit isn't supposed to get the juices flowing in the sense that you're going to be breaking world records with it. What it does is offer you 6GB of branded good quality memory at a strong price of less than $160.
It's cheap memory that's going to work. To be honest with you, that's what most people out there want. Sure, it's great to look at $600+ kits of memory that can offer speeds in excess of 2200MHz, but for most that's more money than they want to spend; it would be the difference between having a HD 5450 and a HD 5870.
If you're a gamer or just someone who wants a stable computer and you find yourself wanting 6GB of no frills RAM, this is a great little kit from Kingmax. Throw in the fact that the heatsink is top quality and we had some overclocking head room and you've got a really nice little kit on your hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 10 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- Jump into programming with 4 top Java courses
- Apple delays AirPods, says they 'aren't ready'
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software