There is really not too much to say about the 1090T. I did not notice any issues with applications; the CPU just ran. As most of our applications are specifically picked for their ability to handle multiple CPU cores/threads, we did not get the chance to see the Turbo CORE feature until we started our gaming tests. The problem there is that the CPU is not a major factor for most games anymore. This means that even though we saw a slight increase in CPU clock during game play, it had almost no impact.
This does not mean Turbo CORE is useless; it means that for many the feature will not be needed or used. However, for someone that may run older non-threaded applications the Turbo CORE feature will come in handy. And considering the $300 price tag this may actually allow the Phenom II X6 to end up in more than a few entry level and mid-range systems than your average Intel Core CPU. I was a little disappointed that the T-Max is so low, but if the system is built right, that should not come into play too much.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni