So, AMD has been having some difficulty in keeping up with Intel and their current generation of CPU. This is not to say that AMD does not have fast CPUs, it is just that they have only been as fast as Intel's last generation (unless you overclock them).
Well, all that is changing today. AMD has just lifted the lid on a 6-core Phenom II CPU. This 3.2GHz many cored monster could rearrange the playing field for CPUs.
Along with the Phenom II X6 we are also seeing the 890FX chipset for the first time. This gives a high-end CPU the needed chipset to operate in the enthusiast and prosumer market. According to AMD, even the 3.2GHz 1090T will only set you back about $300 or so.
So let's see if this 6-cored, 3.2GHz, $300 CPU can keep up with Intel's Nehalem family from top to bottom.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup