Our load tests leverage a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as a hotbox, oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests being performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there:-
- Test 1 is based around a "standard gaming system that would place a load of about 20%.
- Test 2 is delving into an entry-level sli setup, pulling about 50%.
- Test 3 starts going into an enthusiast's sli or crossfire setup, drawing a 65% load.
- Test 4 is for an SLi/Crossfire setup with high-end cards incl. 3-way arrangements pulling 100%.
- Test 5 takes the configuration for test four, but adds over clocking.
- Test 6 utilizes the maximum capacity of the testing equipment or the PSU; whichever is higher.
The test equipment pulls a max of 1000 Watts during these tests.
From my tests, this particular unit did achieve the efficiency being advertised. Unlike its larger, more powerful sibling, it evenly meets and in some cases nearly surpasses the Silver certification. Although it's important to keep in mind that different systems will yield different results, it's impressive to know that our unit had the efficiency to back the certification.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now