Conclusion - Very good, but still room for improvement
Chaintech have done a remarkable job for their first and only KT333 board at the time of writing. Stability of the board, even with aggressive memory timings was remarkable. 3D systems had a tendency to crash at high resolutions with the ATi 128MB Radeon 8500, but we aren't sure if that was a Radeon issue or motherboard issue.
Overclocking was very in depth and allows the user excellent control of their overclocking styles. While we managed 163MHz out of the system, it still doesn't hold up to the highest of overclocking standards, perhaps a new BIOS might fix some of those 3D and overclocking problems.
As for features, USB 2.0 onboard is excellent as well as networking. Personally I am a bit disappointed since there was no Promise or Highpoint RAID controller built onto the board. If you have a RAID setup and want to upgrade, you'll need to bring a RAID card with you for this board or alternatively have to look at another board. Firewire would have also been nice but not a necessity
Uses new Southbridge
No RAID controller
3D performance lacks
No active cooling for Northbridge.
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 4 [Test System and SiSoft Sandra]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes