Conclusion - Very good, but still room for improvement
Chaintech have done a remarkable job for their first and only KT333 board at the time of writing. Stability of the board, even with aggressive memory timings was remarkable. 3D systems had a tendency to crash at high resolutions with the ATi 128MB Radeon 8500, but we aren't sure if that was a Radeon issue or motherboard issue.
Overclocking was very in depth and allows the user excellent control of their overclocking styles. While we managed 163MHz out of the system, it still doesn't hold up to the highest of overclocking standards, perhaps a new BIOS might fix some of those 3D and overclocking problems.
As for features, USB 2.0 onboard is excellent as well as networking. Personally I am a bit disappointed since there was no Promise or Highpoint RAID controller built onto the board. If you have a RAID setup and want to upgrade, you'll need to bring a RAID card with you for this board or alternatively have to look at another board. Firewire would have also been nice but not a necessity
Uses new Southbridge
No RAID controller
3D performance lacks
No active cooling for Northbridge.
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 4 [Test System and SiSoft Sandra]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- Samsung's new 3440x1440 display has FreeSync and 100Hz
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller