Conclusion - Very good, but still room for improvement
Chaintech have done a remarkable job for their first and only KT333 board at the time of writing. Stability of the board, even with aggressive memory timings was remarkable. 3D systems had a tendency to crash at high resolutions with the ATi 128MB Radeon 8500, but we aren't sure if that was a Radeon issue or motherboard issue.
Overclocking was very in depth and allows the user excellent control of their overclocking styles. While we managed 163MHz out of the system, it still doesn't hold up to the highest of overclocking standards, perhaps a new BIOS might fix some of those 3D and overclocking problems.
As for features, USB 2.0 onboard is excellent as well as networking. Personally I am a bit disappointed since there was no Promise or Highpoint RAID controller built onto the board. If you have a RAID setup and want to upgrade, you'll need to bring a RAID card with you for this board or alternatively have to look at another board. Firewire would have also been nice but not a necessity
Uses new Southbridge
No RAID controller
3D performance lacks
No active cooling for Northbridge.
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 4 [Test System and SiSoft Sandra]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Here's everything we know about Ghost Recon Wildlands
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles