Conclusion - Very good, but still room for improvement
Chaintech have done a remarkable job for their first and only KT333 board at the time of writing. Stability of the board, even with aggressive memory timings was remarkable. 3D systems had a tendency to crash at high resolutions with the ATi 128MB Radeon 8500, but we aren't sure if that was a Radeon issue or motherboard issue.
Overclocking was very in depth and allows the user excellent control of their overclocking styles. While we managed 163MHz out of the system, it still doesn't hold up to the highest of overclocking standards, perhaps a new BIOS might fix some of those 3D and overclocking problems.
As for features, USB 2.0 onboard is excellent as well as networking. Personally I am a bit disappointed since there was no Promise or Highpoint RAID controller built onto the board. If you have a RAID setup and want to upgrade, you'll need to bring a RAID card with you for this board or alternatively have to look at another board. Firewire would have also been nice but not a necessity
Uses new Southbridge
No RAID controller
3D performance lacks
No active cooling for Northbridge.
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 4 [Test System and SiSoft Sandra]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Chaintech Apogee - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse