We have talked more and more about the way home networking is getting just as complex as some corporate networks and how the line between consumer and enterprise is blurring rapidly. We are seeing this as the home becomes a place where large media files are zipping back and forth through Ethernet cables or through the air. The need for something to prioritize this kind of traffic is growing daily and devices like the GS605AV will be very important to current and future home networks.
In practice we found the NETGEAR GS605AV to be laughably simple to setup and use. Just about anyone can set this up; there are labels and color codes to make this a snap. We do wish there was a version with more than five ports (and more than three levels of QoS), but in reality most homes will not need more than this (yet).
The speeds we recorded and the performance we observed when the GS605AV was set up correctly were more than sufficient to make this a worthwhile product. When you add in the $46.99 price from NewEgg.com it becomes even more attractive for anyone interested in controlling their internal bandwidth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full PC with AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper starts at just $1699
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U spotted, new APU rocks Vega GPU tech
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Ryzen ThreadRipper delidded: half its CPU dies disabled
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers